During pregnancy, your body goes through many changes, which creates stress on you mentally and physically. A way to maintain a healthy mind and body is prenatal yoga.
Prenatal yoga focuses on poses for pregnant women, in order to increase strength and flexibility.
It also helps pregnant women to develop proper breathing and relaxation techniques for easier and more comfortable labor.
What Are The Benefits Of Prenatal Yoga?
Prenatal yoga is good for overall wellness. It is a form of exercise that also speaks to your pregnancy wellness.
There are many benefits to prenatal yoga including:
• Improved sleep
• Reduced stress
• Increased strength, flexibility, and endurance
• Decreased lower back pain
• Decreased nausea
• Decreased carpal tunnel syndrome
• Decreased headaches
• Reduced risk of preterm labor
• Lowered risk of intrauterine growth restriction (condition that slows the baby’s growth)